12826847

I work for a small charity in the field of disabled children,

Customer Question

I work for a small charity in the field of disabled children, young people and their families. My roll is to manage leisure services and short breaks for disabled children. The CEO and trustees have decided to restructure the office team of 4 staff (me currently leisure manager, family coordinator and finance officer, activities coordinator and finally administrator) in reaction to a major change in funding for the charity (move to personal budgets) moving funding directly out of our hands and going directly to families, users, clients.

I was informed on Friday by CEO (in a one to one meeting) that three current posts except activities coordinator will be discontinued as from beginning of September including my current post as leisure manager). Three posts will in place of these including 2 new posts. Post of reviewed families coordinator and finance officer with an expectation that that would be available to the current administrator that would be in affect a promotion for her. 2 new posts cutting my current roll up into play and youth leader (I think do not have exact wording to hand) with an expectation that this post would be available to me and opp-orations manager with an expectation that this post would be available to the current families and finance officer, a promotion for her.

From the meeting I was informed by the CEO that for any post I am interested in I would have to interview for it. From what I have read in brief so far the role that I have been expected to apply for is a demotion, significant reduction in hours and rate of pay also I would be under the management of CEO and operations manager (previously just the CEO) alternatively redundancy is available at £3,500 for seven years of service.

I am not willing to work under the management of the operations manager particularly if the current family coordinator finance office gets the position. Up to now I have been paid more than her current roll and had a higher level of responsibility.

Where do I stand.

Ben Jones : Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?
Ben Jones :

Hi, not sure if you saw my initial query above? Waiting to hear from you, thanks