UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

hi I have had a cleaning contract with the same company for

Customer Question

hi I have had a cleaning contract with the same company for over 13 years a procurement manager came in I had a meeting with him he asked me to cut cost etc which I did he asked for lots of documentations which I submitted all except my cost details as he said I didn't need to rush on them. 3 weeks ago I started getting lots of emails from the facilities manager moaning about the cleaning non stop 3/4 emails a day he made appointments with me but never gave me dates\times so I couldn't attend. he has verbally attacked me in avery aggressive manner. Thursday I received a termination letter. but looking at my contract which ended in march2014 but rolls on for another year if either party dosent give 60 days intent of termination before march 2014 do I have a case and what do I do next. thank you
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

What would you like to claim?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can I demand they still give me the contract for the rest of the year ?

or what can I claim

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I would like to know if I can get my contract back ?
You may certainly try and say that your contract should be reinstated but normally, you would be able to claim damages for breach of contract if they refuse to reinstate the contract.

You would need to go to court if they refuse to settle the matter with you amicably.

You also have a duty to mitigate your loss by looking for another contract with another company.

The most you could claim is the amount you would have earned between the time the contract was terminated and the expiry date of the contract.

May I help further?