Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I have applied for a new passport due to losing one, the passport

I have applied for a new passport due to losing one, the passport office have now been processing this for 6 weeks, in the meantime I am meant to be travelling to spain tomorrow morning (05.50hrs) and have found my old passport do you think I could use it as I am now desperate and if I cannot will lose my holiday
thanks
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today.

So long as you have not submitted an false or dishonest imformation and have genuinely found your old passport then there is no reason why you can't use it. You would, of course, have to withdraw the application that's been lodged or surrender the old passport. But my concern woukd be the fact that your passport has probably been marked as 'lost' on the database which may raise questions at the airport - plus if the passport has been revoked then you will not be able to use it. Unfortunately the passport office is closed now so your only options: not to travel and wait for the new passport OR use the old passport that you've found and explain what happened if asked.