13262538

Hi there, I have been falsely accused of hitting my sister

Customer Question

Hi there, I have been falsely accused of hitting my sister in law when she was 6. 12 years ago my wifes dad murdered her mom she had 3 younger sibllings 6(XXXXX),9(XXXXXXX) and 12(XXXXXX). couple of years ago XXXXXXX moved out of home after getting engaged to a 38 year old man(XXXXXX) who was married twice before and had 4 children, obviously we were unhappy about it and our relationship deteoriarated. however we let XXXXX see XXXXXXX and sometime stay over with them. each time XXXXXXX sees XXXXX there was unpleasantnesss. due to not keeping time and unreasonable demands. This year on mothers day shelley demanded to see mandy. my wife(legal guardian) asked her to bring her home on a reasonable time. this didnt happen and she received another text maessage saying " dont you dare tell me what time to bring XXXXX home. Out of anger my wife said you are never going to see XXXXX again if thats your attitude. XXXXX went in to school one day and said she has sucidal thoughts and was put in to counselling. we were contacted by the school to say XXXXX is temporarily. last week we received a call from shelley that XXXXX is ready to come home but she wanted to arrange a meeting for sunday(today). however when we called shelley to find out where to meet XXXXXXX said its not going to happen now the police and the social services are involved and she is never coming home again. and she has said i used to beat her when she was six(first year she moved in). I have never laid a finger on this chid, any child or adult in my life. I am really stressed. I have 2 of my own children , I work as a general manager, I am following a postgraduate in bussiness due to complete in september. losing everything getting arrested in front of my children. my wife how how my wife who looked after these girls since the age of 18 up to now 12 years would cope. I cant eat or drink since last friday. please advice me on my legal rights and the process, apparently XXXXX is having a meeting with the social services, police liaison officer and councillor on monday

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

whats going to happen next

In relation to what exactly?

Would it be possible to ask a specific question ? Otherwise I have no way of knowing what you wanted to know or even whether its my area.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what is the meeting which is taking place in the school at the school on monday , what outcomes could come out of it

Ok. Thats a family question which is not my area.

I will pass this onto a family lawyer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks

My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old is the child now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

Thanks for getting back to me

17 years next tuesday

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
no answer has been given so far I amm not sure whether she is online or not
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks for getting back to mw she is 17 now, clare are you there

HI
My apologies for the delay.
Given that the child is over 16 is there any reason why she cannot decide who she wishes to live with?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes but after the councillor told her she is ready to go back home she started making these false allegation either she doesnt know she can decide where she lives or my wifes other sister in law is using her as a tool to get back at us. what I am worried about is the implications to me and my family because of these allegations.as she is having a meeting with the social services on tuesday

Has anyone other than the other sister said that this accusation has been made?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no ,

Then at this stage there is an excellent chance that she is just winding you up.
Unless the young person is alleging that you beat throughout the years she lives with you then it is unlikely that the Police will be involved at all
At this stage simply make it clear that she is entitled to return home if she so wishes - or to live elsewhere if she prefers
I would also make it plain that neither you nor your wife are willing to discuss her with the other sister given that at 17 the girl is capable of dealing with this herself
I suggest that you speak to Social Services yourself to ensure that they understand you will respect the choice that the 17 year old makes
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare, We spoke to the school and they confirmed that Mandy has made allegation that I used to slap her when she was 6 in writing to the head teacher, who had to call police on non emergency number and the police liaison officer is supposed to interview her in detail

they don't know when this is going to happen. what would happen next

If the allegation is simply about slapping when she was 6 you have little reason to worry as frankly without evidence of any actual harm there is unlikely to be any further action
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In case If I get arrestep can my employer sack me or suspend me

What do you actually do?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I work as a general manager for a bingo club and hold a personal licence for alcohol and gaming

Then no there is little likelihood of that happening unless there is a conviction
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks very much

HI
You are most welcome - I hope all goes well for you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare, new development today. School phoned to let us know police have taken an statement from Mandy today and given her a week.to think whether she wants to press charges.wouldn't the police ask that then and there?

In fact neither the police nor the young lady can decide this - that is prerogative of the Crown Prosecution Service
It is for her to decide if she wishes to make a formal complaint or not