Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Do my siblings have to inform me of everything as they happen

Do my siblings have to inform me of everything as they happen e.g. the sale of the house and how much it was sold for.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hi again,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Are you a residuary beneficiary? (ie one who is to receive a percentage share of the Estate or have you been left a set amount?)

AL
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I am a residuary beneficiary.

Executors are under a duty to all residuary beneficiaries to provide Estate Accounts at the time the monies are distributed. These Accounts will show what monies have come in (including the Sale monies) and what debts have been paid. This of course happens only once all matters have been finalised, which may be some time after any property has been sold.

Although there is no set rule, it is good practice for Executors to keep any residuary beneficiary up to date with progress during the administration period.
An Executor should, if they are doing their job efficiently, therefore notify any residuary beneficiary of any property Sale as well as notifying you at regular intervals as to the current position. If they don't, I'm afraid there is little you can do, but you will be entitled to see all the figures once the Estate Accounts are done.

I hope this answers your question.

Kind Regards
AL