75100385

I have rented a bungalow th a lady through a agents. Th e girl

Customer Question

I have rented a bungalow th a lady through a agents. Th e girl got her father to put a shower in with out my permission. Around the bath the seal did not hold up, so i now have extensive.. dry rot which is going to cost about £8000 to put right. The agent has kept her deposit but this is nowhere near the cost of repair.
She is denying it is her fault, the agent has extension pictiures of the property in excellent order which she has signed all pictures. The contract states it is to be kept in good order and any faults reported straight away. When I knew and went down there were doors that would not open as the door post had rotted out, skirting boads had seriously shrunk and the wooden bath side had been painted but was so rotten i could push my finger through it. Have I got a claim?
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hi thanks for your question.

tdlawyer :

My name is Tony, I can assist with this.

tdlawyer :

Would I be right in saying you would have repaired the leakage etc. and prevented the rot from forming?

tdlawyer :

Or required the removal of the shower?

JACUSTOMER-nywuraic- :

The girl has left the property and I am having experts in to get rid of the dry rot fungus and put the property back in order. Can I take her to the small claims with a good chance of winning

JACUSTOMER-nywuraic- :

Have I got a legal claim with a chance of wiining the small claims court

tdlawyer :

If what she has done is in breach of the tenancy agreement, then I expect you could sue and her and stand a reasonable chance of success.

tdlawyer :

As had she complied with the agreement, you would argue that the damage would not have been done.

JACUSTOMER-nywuraic- :

It is a vague answer I have given you a lot of detail and that is all you can say a waste of £33 i feel, i will not be recommending this site

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

I see the expert has opted out - do you still need help?