13262538

I am receiving persistent harrassment from the redbride social

Customer Question

I am receiving persistent harrassment from the redbride social services. They have raised child protection safeguards against me on false allegations/ information. There has not been any incident of child chastisement in my house yet they claimed my son informed them over five years ago that he was chastised. My son denies this and has maintained it even after several assessments by their team. They even managed to rope in my first son who have not spoken to them about any chastisement concern ever. I will require advice to end their harrassments. There are too many false information. I want and end to their harrassments or they should investigate their allegations
How old is your child and how often have allegations been made and who by?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My Children are 14 and 10. They said my 10yr old informed them that me and my late wife (Died 2012) beat him with a belt and tennis bath. They haven't given a date and my son denies ever saying this. We are not tennis players and there has never been any tennis items in my house. I am a senior practitioner too, involved in investigations and disciplinaries at work and can never use a belt on my child; how much more send him to school with a sore face. He also had a child minder. They have about two allegations on their records which i did not know about

How many investigations have there been?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is the only investigation known to me. There record indicate they had spoken to my late wife in the past but she never said anything to me. The worry for me is that nothing like that ever happened and my wife did express it at the time.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am only aware of this one. Their record show they had one with my late wife

I am sorry - if there has only been one investigation could you explain what you meant when you referred to "persistent harassment"?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They keep visiting my home, asking to speak to my kids on several occassions. Now started a Child Protection plan, requesting amongst other things that i must bath my kids two times a day, refrain from physical chastisement, verbal aggression etc. Non of these happened nor happens in my home.

When is the next Case Conference?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

on the 18th of June and the 05th of sept

Have you instructed a solicitor to assist you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No i haven't. I have thought about it but haven't got one yet

I am sorry but this is not harassment of the type that you can simply stop.
Your children are the subjects of Child Protection Plans and as such you must work with Social Services to resolve whatever concerns that they have.
Social Services are still ultra careful following the Baby P debacle and many families are having problems because of it - but the only way forward is to work with them
You are still at the lower stage of their intervention and your children are of an age where their contributions are important
I understand that you do not wish to have them involved in yo r life - but sadly the only way to be rid of them is to work with them so that they depart as swiftly as possible
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

But non of the information they hold is correct. I have not smacked my child/children and the child in question is denying saying any such thing to them. They also hold that my wife died of diabetes and non-compliance with her meds, that i am a CPN and that i won a business in Nigeria, that my children are not attending their health appts etc. Non of this information is correct.

Then provided you work with them and show them that their information is not correct then you will eventually be released from the plan