UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I made two christmas break bookings on Saturday 14th June @

Customer Question

I made two christmas break bookings on Saturday 14th June @ approxiamately 16:30. One place was for me and my wife and the other place for my wife's aunt & uncle. These bookings were made via the internet (online) with confirmations arriving at 16:50 and 17:00 via email.
On Sunday, our aunt rang to say that they would need to cancel their booking as they were not confident about the uncle's health holding up.
At approx 10:30am on Sunday 15th June, I rang the booking line to cancel my aunt's and uncle's booking which the company have done. However they are withholding the £200 deposit as per their T&Cs.
It is my understanding that under the distance selling laws that an oder can be cancelled within 7 days and all monies refunded. Can you tell me if that applies in this case or am I barking up the wrong tree?
Many Thanks
Danny
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

I am afraid the Distance Selling Regulations do not apply to "contracts for the provision of accommodation, transport, catering or leisure services, where the supplier undertakes, when the contract is concluded, to provide these services on a specific date or within a specific period."

Sorry, no cooling off period in your case unless the company agrees otherwise.

All the best
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Excellent

Thank you. Please click on the smiley faces