75100385

The firm that deals with my credit card transactions owes me

Customer Question

The firm that deals with my credit card transactions owes me over £1000 for credits that they have not put through my bank account. I have had numerous conversations with tem and although they have confirmed my bank account details they have not put my credits through despite numerous phone calls. This is putting me in a situation where my cheques could bounce because this money has not been paid in. Surely this incompetence should mean they cannot hold a licence to deal with people's money?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

You should to write and set out your losses and ask for a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court. Make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.

If they refuse then you can issue proceedings which can be done online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by competing form N1 at: https://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf

The Court will then issue the claim which will be sent to the Defendant and they will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce it. If the matter is defended it will be set down for a hearing. If the losses are £10,000 or less then it will be a small claim and you do not need representation.