UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hi there, I wanted to apply for a tier 1 extension for my father

Hi there, I wanted to apply for a tier 1 extension for my father who has already been in the UK for 2 years and his extension is due Sept next year. He is already a director in my company and we have created jobs etc

We want to invest the 200K which is sitting in the company bank account in a business for an extension. We are looking at 2 options.

Option 1) Invest the 200K in a forex fund, which is managed for us by a manager . The money remains in an escrow account with a UK based broker and is traded for us for a return( I personally think this will now qualify)

Option 2) Buy a commercial property like a shop we are looking at , this is currently let out as a hair dresser for a few years so we get some rent on it

KA
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

What is your question please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I want to know if either of option 1 or 2 is suitable ie the fund or the commercial property to purchase for about 200,000 . The commercial property is currently let

The commercial property option is what I would advise on.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So that option which is the property is 100% okay for the qualification criteria even though the shop is let out to a different business to ours . Just checking as the visa is very important for us .

Yes, as long as there is no residential accomodation on the premises.