31090051

My father died intestate and his estate was left to myself

Customer Question

My father died intestate and his estate was left to myself and my sister. There was a lot of problems with the settlement of it due to myself not agreeing with several things. My sister signed for her share in full and final settlement many years ago. I am now accepting my share and have been told that the figure offered to me has a deduction of monies that are due to my sister as they were held on file. Is this correct? If she has signed in full and final settlement why is she now getting more money from the estate?
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

Normally when someone receives their share of the estate and signs a Discharge that is them paid in full and they can't make another claim.

Have you asked precisely what this relates to and why your sister is still due money.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have read through the breakdown of the estate and apparently its monies held back until the conclusion of the estate.

Thank you for your help.

C. Williams

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome.