75100385

a customer owes me £1060. Ive issued a small claims court

a customer owes me £1060. I've issued a small claims court summons which my customer has ignored and now I've asked for a judgement which has been rejected but I've no idea why it's been rejected and am not sure what I can do now? Can I ask for another judgement?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Alex J. :

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. How long after the acknowledgement did you wait? Did you apply for a default judgment?
Kind regards AJ

Customer:

it was 14 months after the acknowledgement and yes I did ask the a default judgment

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

It has been rejected as you have 4 months to request Judgment after the issue of proceedings etc.

As it has been over 4 months the request for Judgment is automatically stayed.

you need to apply to lift the stay using form N244

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n0244-eng.pdf

You need to set out the reason for the delay and ask the Court to remove it so you can enter Judgment

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience