UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

dear sirs 2 years ago my front and side garden wall was damaged

Customer Question

dear sirs 2 years ago my front and side garden wall was damaged when a private car and a mini bus taxi crashed into it .The bricks that i built the wall with in 2003 are no longer manufactured ,the insurance company will only pay for rebuilding of the damaged sections of wall nor will they contribute to the cost of rendering to camoflage the difference in brickwork .I provided them with a estimate for the repairs from a building contractor ,the insurance company have come back with an offer of less than half his costs saying they will pay this amount in seven days is there any way i can contest this.
regards ***** *****
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Sorry to hear this.

You may complain to the insurer using their formal complains policy about their offer and the way your claim has been handled.

If you still do not get any luck with them, you may take the matter further to the Financial Ombudsman Service. See here for the procedure involved:

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

You do not need to accept their current offer and you may return any cheque or payment sent to you and say you reserve your rights to claim more from them.

May I help further?