12826847

Hi, I just recently bought home furniture from an online

Customer Question

I just recently bought home furniture from an online retailer Kay&Co. It was a wardrobe, a bed chest, a 4 drawer chest and a 4 chair dinner table. The cost of all was about £850. I used a specialist to assemble them for me. This cost me £180. He assembled them all fine apart from the 4 drawers chest. The drawer do not hold, the fall over each other. He following the manual to the letter, he reviewed and reviewed and reviewed it in trying to pinpoint whether he made a mistake. None. It was the drawer faulty. I raised a complaint with the retailer. They told me, I will have to dismantle it and return it with the driver they'd send before they can send any replacement. I spoke to the specialist and he said, he will further charge me for this and if he does dismantle it will break as the glue was being user in many pieces to put it together. I have raised those concerns with the retailer, but they failed so far to get back to me. The cost of this 4 drawer chest is £300.

What do I have to do since there is no answer from the retailer ?

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jo,

What are my options as they seem quiet about this ?

Why do I have to dismantle the faulty goods and if I break it, they may turn around saying I returned it damaged ? And why do I have to pay extra charge to hire someone to de-assemble it since the drawers have a manufacturing fault? Again, if they send me a replacement, I will have to hire someone to assemble it again at my cost.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will your answer take long ?

Just to let you know, I have asked somebody else to look at this as its not really my area.

I will chase them up for you.