tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

Had my house re - roofed. The roofing firm left with a few

Had my house re - roofed. The roofing firm left with a few details unfinished - re - align guttering etc. I had to employ another firm which reluctantly took on job. In the process dreadful workmanship from previous firm was discovered. I paid in cash and do not have anything but invoices for materials and photographs of shoddy work.
Is there anything I can do ?
Peter.
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

Hello, many thanks your question. My name is ***** ***** I should be able to help you with this.

Can iask would you know the identities of the individuals that you instructed to do the work the first time around? You do not need to name them on here, as this is a public website, but I simply need to understand whether you know who they are.

Tony

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I the identity and name of the person who describes himself as the company director also names of another two of the workers.

Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

Okay. If you contracted with a company, then really,it is the company that you are likely to have to sue to obtain your money back.

To issue proceedings to recover any sums due to you, you could use the online claim service at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk.

This is the most cost-effective and efficient method by which to start a claim . if the sum you are seeking to recover is less than £10,000, then it is possible to do this yourself, without legal representation. if you seek in excess of £10,000 , then I would encourage you to see a lawyer to assist you in progressing the claim.

Tony