31090051

I have a legal question regarding a Cannabis Warning I received

I have a legal question regarding a Cannabis Warning I received in 2008.

I was given a verbal warning which came with a ticket and was wondering if this would appear on a Police Certificate?

I'm looking to apply for one for a Visa to the United States.

I saw this on a Police website and was wondering what the 'carried forward' meant.

'Cannabis warnings' were first introduced in 2004 as a way for police to respond to cannabis possession offences while the drug was at Class C. However, cannabis warnings issued during the period that cannabis was a Class C drug (between January 29 2004 and January 26 2009) will not be carried forward.

Would that mean it would no longer be logged on the local Police's databases?

I was under the illusion that the Cannabis Warning wasn't treated in the same way as a standard police warning because of its verbal nature.
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

Yes, you at right. This means that the warning is no longer on file. Carried forward means put on the PNC. As the warning is verbal it lies on file for two years and is then removed so its ling gone now.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.