12826847

I have a conviction for affray 7 years ago. Will this count

I have a conviction for affray 7 years ago. Will this count against me when I go to court for section 47 next month

Are they seeking to introduce it as bad character?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I dont know anything asyet just that it a magistrate court 10 july. I have not entered a plea but was wondering as my last conviction was 7 years ago would it still be held against me now

Yes, it could be.

They would have to make a bad character application to use it and show that it evidences a propensity to commit similar offences. Unless there is something strikingly similar about that matter though its quite unlikely to be introduced. Its quite old now.

If you are convicted then the court would consider it in relation to sentence but probably no more than that. Its an old matter and there are so many ways that public order can be committed that its quite unlikely to be an issue.