29905560

I AM A PLUMBER & HEATING ENGINEER - I AM SELF EMPLOYED AND

I AM A PLUMBER & HEATING ENGINEER - I AM SELF EMPLOYED AND SOMETIMES I HAVE
SUBCONTRACTORS WORKING FOR ME. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HEALTH AND SAFETY
POLICY DO I NEED FOR MY SELF AND DO I NEED ONE FOR THE SUB CONTRACTORS OR DO THEY NEED THEIR OWN.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. can you tell me are you working on building sites and in customers homes

Customer:

yes in offices etc

Customer:

ok ben what do you need from me

Ben Jones :

OK thank you, ***** ***** it with me. I am in a tribunal today so will prepare my advice during the day and get back to you this afternoon. There is no need to wait and you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you

Customer:

Thank you Ben

Ben Jones :

Apologies for the slight delay, I experienced some temporary connection issues earlier on. All seems to be resolved now so I can continue with my advice.

As a business you should have a health and safety policy in place to deal with any people that work for you, including yourself, and do identify any risks that may affect the running of the business. You have a duty to identify risks in the workplace and to deal with them, either by removing them or reducing their occurrence as much as possible,

A good starting guide for your requirements can be found here:

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg449.pdf

This is the general advice by the Health & Safety Executive on a business’ requirements in terms of health and safety.

An example health and safety policy can be downloaded here:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/2s12zyacl495ftg/H&S_policy.doc

This is a general policy and can be updated and amended as necessary to reflect your individual business.

Finally, you should have employer’s liability insurance in place to cover any liability you may incur through your business activities, such as for causing damage or injuries to others.

If you could please let me know when you have read this and are happy with the response as I need to deactivate the download link for the policy above once you have it I would be grateful. Thanks

Customer:

thank you Ben I have printed off the information and will read the documents very carefully .thanks again for your help Mrs Heather Gavin

Ben Jones :

You are most welcome, all the best