31090051

Is there a ombudsman for broadband?

Is there a ombudsman for broadband?
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

Ofcom has appointed two companies – ‘Ombudsman Services: Communications' and 'Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme' (CISAS) – who will look into the problem free of charge for you.

Not all broadband, TV, phone and mobile operators are covered by both ombudsman services. You can check which one will handle your complaint on the Ofcom website at http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/2009/12/adr-schemes/
Ombudsman decisions will be legally binding on the provider and will force them to take action on the problem.

I hope this helps you.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I Changed my I S P some six months, after poor service a very weak

wi -fi signal I have some of the emails that were sent by me to

terminate the contract and their answer was that I didn't need a mac code to change so I went ahead and changed to BT

my old ISP address is New Call Telecom 3rd Floor, 27a Floral Street London the ac number is BHG13312 and a/c No 81167084 I do have the copy of letter I sent them! I am still receiving bills for the a/c's above

D V FEDRICK.