UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hi, I am filling out the Law Society Property Information Form

Hi, I am filling out the Law Society Property Information Form as the owner of our freehold property which is currently under offer. I would like advice on how to answer the question below. In March this year we received a letter from a firm of surveyors concerning an insurance claim made by the owner of the property adjacent to ours for subsidence (we live in a terrace house). The letter advised us to carry out repairs to 3 drains which they assessed and ascertained them to have issued like root intrusion (these three drains are shared between us and the neighbour). Included with the letter was a report on the drains for the property adjacent to us and I have subsequently requested CCTV images to substantiate the claims made by the surveyor that drain lines 1 -3 are faulty on our side (which I have requested from the surveying company and am waiting to receive). What I need to know is how much of this we relay to answer the following bearing in mind we have had no subsidence or movement in our property over the 10 years we have lived there. The question is:

Have any notices or correspondence been received or sent (eg from or to a neighbour, council or government department), or any negotiations or discussions taken place, which affect the property or a property nearby. If yes please give details.

thank you for your help.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You would need to give as much information as you can about the correspondence you have had with the insurers etc. i.e. all the information which you have set out in your question here today.

The explanatory notes here will guide you:
http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/advice/articles/ta6-property-information-form-explanatory-notes/

May I help further?