75100385

Can a company make a complaint under the DPA about another

Can a company make a complaint under the DPA about another company or companies divulge sensative information to third parties without its consent ?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : What has been divulged please ?
Customer:

Hi Alex,

Customer:

There has been sensitive financial information released to third parties without the consent of individuals/business entities to which the information relates!

Alex Watts :

If it information of the business then no - the DPA does NOT cover that

Alex Watts :

If it is private information about individuals (ie such as addresses, bank details etc) then YES it is a breach of the DPA

Alex Watts :

The data must be sensitive personal information about individuals for the Act to apply

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Is there any recourse in law against a company that gives information to a third party without the consent of the principal?

Alex Watts :

For a company - no

Alex Watts :

For an individual - yes the Information Commissioner

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify?

Customer:

Yes - Thank you

Customer:

Service was Excellent - Thank you again