12826847

I have been contacted by telephone from a company called Willard

I have been contacted by telephone from a company called Willard Thomas claiming they can claim back money from a timeshare company i bought fro m in 2000.They have asked for a "Commitment bond" of £500 to be paid by credit card, saying if the claim doesnt succeed I will have my money refunded.I thought that any legitimate company would not ask for money upfront.Is this another scam?
Ann Lupton

Have you paid this money please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I havnt paid anything.

Did you buy the time share from them or another please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Another company called worldwide holidays {in UK ] working for Club Class holidays and Diamond VSI Marbella.

Are they still trading please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No

I cannot say whether this is a scam obviously but I can say that it is a bad deal.

If they are no longer trading that it is very unlikely that any claim arises and if there were to be a prosecution of the individuals behind it then it should be done by trading standards.

If we leave that alone for the moment and put it aside, even if there were a claim there is absolutely no reason for an upfront payment. It's perfectly reasonable that the company wants to be paid for their work but they can deduct it from the ultimate award rather than demand it upfront.

Do not get involved in this.