12826847

my daughters are 25 and 27yrs old, still living at home and

my daughters are 25 and 27yrs old, still living at home and want to move out but cant afford it so they say I have duties as mother to help them move out, after they have used me as punchbag and doormat for 10 yrs since death of their father my partner of 17 yrs. I love them but communication has broken down as I saw their disrespect for my family. where do I stand legally? I live in council flat. polly

Are you asking if you can evict them?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no I need to know my rights as a mother

in relation to what?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my daughters say I am responsible and duty bound to help them find another home by letting them stay and save to move out. they say they will be homeless because of me telling them to go. It was their choice to leave after fighting with my family. They say I have to give 2 weeks notice which I did in anger. they say they cannot live with me as I am making their mental health worse. They cut off all personal care as I am disabled physically and mentally, and told me I should have sorted things out for myself but I was only diagnosed with personality disorder in January this year ! who can I turn to for help

They are talking nonsense.

They are adults and no longer your problem.

If they have paid rent then you do need to give them a period of notice commensurate with the rental term. If they have not paid rent then its best to do that anyway although arguably they are just guests in your house.

You have no other responsibility towards them