12826847

What happens if A man knowingly finds my jewellery and sells

What happens if A man knowingly finds my jewellery and sells it to a jewellers fraudulently,and how do I get it back if he has received the sum of£2000 for it,what is my position.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi I lost my watch while out Thursday 12july,I tracked the person who found it didn't report to police,I traced him down and he had a jeweller sold ticket for £2000 pound wrote on it, he states he does not have the £2000 to repurchase it,so what it my position regards ***** ***** I back as I have all original proof that it belongs to myself.

You can sue him for the sum of money it is worth. Whether he acted innocently or not is unimportant. He did not have good title to this watch and so it should not have been sold on.

You can also report this to the police who will almost certainly act against him on the facts that you present here.

If you particularly want this watch then you could seek an injunction forcing the jewellers to hand it back and then they would have to sue him for their lost money as he didn't have good title to sell.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So would I be within my rights to go into the jewellers and demand my watch there and then once I have produced all my evidence and receive it straight away or have to go through the court system,or easier to pay them the 2000 and pursue the thief myself for monies owed
Well, nobody can stop you asking the jeweller to return it but if he doesn't agree then you would have to go to court to recover it.

If you report it to the police though then they would probably seize it and just return it to you.