13262538

My husband used to take oppium drug but is with a clinic where

My husband used to take oppium drug but is with a clinic where is just about to finish his recovering. Is getting his controlled medication which is reducing week by week and in about 1 or 2 months will be off the medication, he is smoking weed though, very rarely. I am not taking any drugs and am breast feeding my 4 months old baby. We just moved to a new area and mY husband is attending a new clinic where they told him that it s possible social services can take the baby away from us because of my husband situation. We are both working full time and I am on maternity now. I am not aware of this new law. Is it true? What about me?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
There is no new law involved.
If Social Services believe that the child is at risk because of your husband's drug taking then they can start Child Protection Proceedings
Given the fact that your husband is addressing his addiction it is unlikely that Social Services would wish to do anything other than monitor the situation - with the worst case scenario being that you may have to choose between your husband or you baby - but even this is not likely
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details