UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am resident in Spain and recently agreed for a UK Estate

I am resident in Spain and recently agreed for a UK Estate Agent to market our property in the UK via their network and media routes to an agreed marketing plan that was due to begin in April 2014.
To date non of the agreed plan has been actioned and despite numerous e-mails and phone calls I have not had a tangible response from the MD of the company. I have copies of e-mails that outline the contract agreed and one voice mail confirming that "they were aware of a problem" but nothing has been actioned to date.
I paid the marketiing fee we agreed in full and now wish to claim this amount back in full, plus costs, and determine if any compensation is claimable.
Can you please advise a suitable course of action
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Sorry to hear about this.

Have you paid them anything?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, as I said in my question I have paid the marketing fee we agreed which was £3600, this was paid in January.

You may file a court claim for the refund of the money plus interest at court rates.

As you are not resident in the UK, you may appoint a solicitor to assict with the court claim. You cannot recover legal fees as the value of the claim is too small.

Interest is 8% p.a.

May I help futher?