UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

We have a lodger in our house but left for Nigeria since Dec

Customer Question

We have a lodger in our house but left for Nigeria since Dec 2013 .We have not heard from him and he is not picking his calls. Before he left on holiday .He told us that he would be looking for a new place. He went away with our key and he is owing us since August 2013.We are not asking for the debt to be paid but for him to vacate the room for us.

MY QUESTION. How can we take possession of the room taking into account that he is a lodger under the same roof?
adewale idowu ***********
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You are entitled to get a locksmith to open the lock to the room and to secure your house by changing the locks so that this person cannot enter into it again without your permission.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good morning,

Your answer is not full as what happens to his personal effects was not mentioned.

I await you your reply.

adewale idowu

07903872548

I am afraid there was no mention of personal belongings in your original question.

That is a separate issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am disgruntled to read that ''that is separate issue''

I am afraid you have chosen the low detail option for the answer which has already been given to your original question. You are free to open a separate question with your new query and I will be happy to answer that.