UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hi, on the 7th of January I was in route home from work when

Customer Question

Hi, on the 7th of January I was in route home from work when I ran into the back of a work college causing a road collision he had a passenger who was also a work college. No police were involve and no insurance details swapped his car was repaired out of my pocket to which the driver was grateful of. neither of them had any time of work yet they both apparently went to a walk in centre where they were told they had slight muscle pull but nothing to worry about. I've just received a phone call from my insurance company 5 months on to say the passenger is pursuing a claim how do I stand?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

I am afraid the passenger is entitled to make a claim and there is nothing much you can do about it. Your insurer should step in to settle or defend the claim as the case may be, depending on what the claim is about etc.

I would expect your insurer to settle the matter with the passenger. This will obviously affect your insurance premiums and any no claims bonus/discount which you may have enjoyed in the past.

May I help further?