75100385

Hi, I have some questions regarding completion of a N181 directions

Hi, I have some questions regarding completion of a N181 directions questionnaire relating to a claim initiated by a Bank now allocated to multi track (£150K+). Are you able to help me at all with this? Kind Regards, Gordon

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

What would you like to know please?

Customer:

Hi Alex, I need to return a directions questionnaire to the courts by tomorrow so need this urgently if you can help.

Alex Watts :

Yes of course. I am currently on holiday in the USA for information

Alex Watts :

What do you need to know about the DQ?

Customer:

Firstly, as the defendant I am asking for a one month stay to allow negotiations, currently ongoing, to conclude. Are there any financial implications in terms of fees and other penalties to consider when choosing this action?

Alex Watts :

Ok - click settlement box

Alex Watts :

It makes no difference in terms of costs

Alex Watts :

The proceedings are stayed

Customer:

Secondly, in regards ***** ***** with pre-action protocol, is this a claimant requirement? If this is a defendant requirement too, which pre-action protocol am I expected to adhere to?

Alex Watts :

Yes you are correct pre-action

Customer:

Sorry alex, I'm not clear on your answer. Are you saying it is a defendant requirement also to adhere to the pre-action protocol? If so what is this protocol? is it this : http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/pd_pre-action_conduct

Alex Watts :

Sorry forgive me. Both parties must comply with pre action but generally the Courts are not too worried if someone is in person

Customer:

Regarding case management information : What is generally stated here for the defendant document disclosure, electronically or otherwise?

Alex Watts : Ok. Electronic disclosure means both parties will have to disclose all documents which support and adversely affect their case.
Alex Watts : You, in person don't need to worry about directions, the court will list it for a case management hearing
Alex Watts : Is there anything else you are stuck on?
Customer:

Thanks Alex, just one other thing...Regarding trial of final hearing section. How do I go about estimating time needed for hearing. I was thinking about an hour. I assume this is not too important?

Alex Watts : It's likely to be a whole day, not just an hour.
Alex Watts : Even small claims are not an hour.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything else for you please?
Customer:

No, that's it. Thanks Alex.

Customer:

Have a good day.

Alex Watts : Great.
Alex Watts : If I could invite you to rate my answer before you leave today.
Alex Watts : If the system won't let you please say.
Alex Watts : If you need more help please click reply,