UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

My fiancee is Thai and has a Visitors visa for 6 months. She

My fiancee is Thai and has a Visitors visa for 6 months. She was hoping to get discounted flight because her daughter is able to provide that as she works for an airline. However, she can only obtain a single ticket to UK and then has to buy outward bound while in the UK.

Will she be refused entry to UK with a one-way ticket?
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.

If she has been issued for 6 months then that is 50% of the job done, because if this is the case then the immigration officer who issued her the visa believes that she will return to her home country after her holiday to the UK.

What she would need to do is explain to the immigration officer that she will purchase an return ticket to Thailand when she enters the UK, but as you will appreciate it does look suspect that she is entering the UK with a one way ticket, on the face of it, it seems that she is not planning on returning to Thailand. Therefore there is a chance that if she is unable to persuade the immigration officer that she will purchase a ticket from the UK she can be returned home.

I believe and would recommend that either your or her purchase a return ticket, if she has to purchase one from the UK , maybe you can do this for her and then send her the E-ticket from the UK so she can bring this with her when she enters the UK. If this is not possible then although not 100% there is a chance that she maybe refused entry unless she can persuade the immigration officer otherwise.

I hope this answers your question. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.