tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

Can you answer my question on the small management company

Can you answer my question on the small management company in Portishead. I have been waiting 4 hours plus Thank you
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, thanks for your question.

tdlawyer :

What is it you would like to know about the small management company?

Customer: I want to know if the company is legal. There has not been an AGM,an Audit or general meetings for over 2 and a half years. We now find that our monthly insurance payments have not been paid for 3 months. There are only 7 owners for 5 leasehold apartments, only 5 live on site. The 2 others live off site and self.Appointed themselves as officers. Both have now re signed they say, but to whom and when we do not know. We think financial paperwork should be with ex treasurer but have little confidence of this.
tdlawyer :

The best thing to do in this kind of scenario is to call a general meeting of the members to decide how the company should be run. If you have 5% of the members behind you, they can force the directors of the company to call a meeting at which all of the shareholders can be present and vote for things to happen.

tdlawyer :

Additionally, you might be able to make an application to the leasehold valuation Tribunal, for a professional management company to be appointed to manage the day-to-day affairs of the company.

Customer: 4 of us want outside management, how do we go about this please
tdlawyer :

There would obviously be a cost to this, that would need to be recouped through the service charge, but having something run properly and professionally can be worth that additional charge.

Customer: I
Customer: S.
tdlawyer :

Sorry, your last post didn't come through properly?

tdlawyer :

have I answered your question above or is there anything more you would like to ask me?

tdlawyer :

Hello?