12826847

My disqualification from driving should end 22.07.2014, however

Customer Question

My disqualification from driving should end 22.07.2014, however I did recived my licence already ( both photo cards and counterpart,,( scotland)
question: Am I leagal to drive?,

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have been disqualified for minor drink driving (reading was at 46) by breath...

I did recived 12 month ban, with possibility of applying and completing Drivers rehabilitation course (successfully completed ban been reduced by 3 months)

Ive applied for new driving license, since ban is nearly over, dvla did sent me both parts of driving license, I did recived it today,

If your court ban doesn't end until July then you are banned until that date

I do now know why the DVLA think its helpful to return licences early but whatever reason prompts them to act that does nothing about the fact that a competent court has placed you upon a ban I'm afraid.

It could be that the DVLA independently revoked and they have revisited that decision. Either way, they do not have the authority to over turn a court ruling.

Sorry if thats bad news.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much for your help.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/