How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 70928
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

my friend hired my car and he was involved in a accident and

Customer Question

my friend hired my car and he was involved in a accident and damaged the car,

now he wont pay for the damaged repairs.

what can i do
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Did he have insurance?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he did have insurance but its third party

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
If you will not pay, it really comes down to suing him in the Small Claims Court for the cost of the damage.

If the accident was not his fault he is then going to have to sue whoever caused the accident.

It really is as simple as that.

I would write to him and tell him that unless he pays for this damage within the next two weeks (give him until a particular date) you will issue Small Claims Court proceedings without further notice.

As soon as the deadline expires you can issue Small Claims Court proceedings easily here by following this link

Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the accident his fault,


what should of i have done i should of made him a sign a rental agreement which will protect the car.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
It does not matter whether you signed an agreement not if the fact remains that he will not pay you. All the agreements on the earth will not assist you in that case.

Even so he is still liable and agreement or not, you are faced with taking him to court.