75100385

FAO Alex Watts You previously answered my question about

FAO Alex Watts

You previously answered my question about a utility company entering my property?

i'm not sure how #i link back to it?

I visited the property today with a locksmith, as the utility company had changed the locks.

There was no notification on the door, nor inside the property as to who had entered?

The debt on the pre payment meter showed £4-17, and a tag from British Gas that they had "changed a seal" on the meter.

I believe I've been party to a utility company scam that will cost me dearly?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Just to confirm did they have a warrant please?
Customer:

no one including me, has seen a warrant. letting agents neighbours etc.

Customer:

I have paid a locksmith to regain entry for me, looked at the prepay meter, and the debt is £4.17p

Alex Watts :

Have you asked for a copy of the warrant?

Customer:

Again, until yesterday I'd been told it was Southern Electric, and only just found out on entry it was British Gas, I will try and find out a relavent department and ask today

Alex Watts :

ok

Customer: Trying to rate, but not allowed to yet ...
Alex Watts :

Try again :)