12826847

My insurance expired on 13th June 2014 and I did not recieve

My insurance expired on 13th June 2014 and I did not recieve renewal letter from insurance so i was not covered and on 17th June 2014 police stopped me and gave me 6points and fine. I have already got 6points what will happen as I always do insurance and upto date with road tax MOT.
I don't want to be banned as I forgot but now i am covered.

How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As mentoined above my insurance expired I want to appeal against my 6penalty points as I forgot to renew and my insurance company did send out renewal documents.

What will be best way to save myself from getting 6 points.

I'm really sorry if I'm missing the point but on what basis are you hoping to avoid points?

You seem to accept being uninsured?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes but can make any excuse
Yes, you could but thats not a defence.

No insurance is an offence of strict liability. Either you were insured or you were not. You were not so you have no option but to plead guilty.

You can raise special reasons to avoid points but its not a good idea. You don't really have a special reasons application. I realise the insurance company did not administrate the renewal but its for you to ensure that you are insured not the insurance company to remind you. Special reasons only really arises for people who have no reason at all to know they are uninsured.

You are free to try but it will be refused and then you will be liable for costs.

Im very sorry but I have to give you truthful information.