12826847

I was brought up in an argument between my brother and brother

I was brought up in an argument between my brother and brother in law - because they and my sister had taken the fun out of me behind my back and my brother was then beginning to feel ashamed of the fact. He told me and I stopped talking to my sister and brother in law, this was about eight years ago. Every chance since my brother in law has sends hurtful emails and text messages - the emails I have kept. Is there anything I can do?

What action would you like to take over this?

I'm not sure what you want to achieve?

Are you responding to the emails?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have responded to one email asking him to stop, I just want it to stop.

You can always complain to the police that he keeps contacting you and they will probably give him a harassment warning but the problem with that is that it would mean he cannot contact you at all ever for any reason which is probably not what you want.

I do understand that its frustrating but this is really a private matter to be sorted out between you. Obviously sometimes you can't do that with family and you just have to not speak to them for months on end! That is how families resolve disputes sometimes.

If you don't mind that he would not be able to contact you then you can complain to the police and they will probably tell him to stop.