UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am soon to come to the end of a mortgage arrangement with

I am soon to come to the end of a mortgage arrangement with my Building Society. The mortgage is for interest only with the remaining sum being paid by a separate endowment insurance policy. This policy is in joint names with someone I am no longer in contact with and have no knowledge of the whereabouts of. The endowment company is requesting joint signatures to release the funds, what can I do?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You may try and trace the other person, if they are dead, you may be able to get a copy of their death certificate so that you are paid the full amount.

The other option is to try and see if the insurer will pay you half of the policy until the other person turns up.

May I help further?