75100385

i am landlord and was duped into handing over the keys to the

Customer Question

i am landlord and was duped into handing over the keys to the estate agent a nice smiley lady and her male companion and father promising the best rates i was offered 4% without renewal and he put in 10 %! and ever since my nightmare begun and even without telling me he put in tenants and agreed a rate without consulting me which he was supposed to do,i had my own tenants and i got shock when i went with my brother and i saw tenants already moved in ;this was last year june.i let the tenants stay, for weeks/months i didnt receive any monies despite many false promises;he also put new boiler approx £1800 without my consent as he wouldnt make money with my boiler man with pest clearance he paid monies without telling me though i had valid british gas policy which he knew,i have been lied money is in the account and and never is;i lost countless hour of work time as i have to ring to get money in my account and eventually after much haggling she decided to put monies as i said i am in the bank in a que and he was forced to put money £1000 in rent ;he was suppose to put monies by direct debit but manipulates the tenants to part with monies first pretending she will pay and never does i also got letters from mortgage co. i was behind in rent and they would charge £40 in late payments.last 2 months i was not paid.his father shouted for me to leave premises 2 months ago.the agent gave excuses to call but never does and told me my rent is held back cos i am not prepared to pay around £400 for kitchen window;i rang a window co, first online,on same road,he told unless i tell him his name he is not putting my rent in,i told him and he knew this window person and told him to quote me same and i got exactly same quote to the last penny! as agent quoted,other wise he cannot make monies of me.actually one hinge was missing ! which my own window repairman colleague did it for free!last month i made 10 calls and she advised her staff who are trained to lie and then cuts me off .i took time to visit and told him i am not prepared to leave until i got l all my monies,its then he came close to me asked me to leave twisted my fingers punched me on the chest so hard and kicked me when i was on the floor on my head and my arms and back and lower back,i ran out called the police which he saw and cover himself up he called police too and the lady smiled and manipulated the officers;the next door agent has shown me an article in the papers few years ago and he paid compensation to a lady .causing £14000 damage and he paid £3800 selling fake policy.do i issue proceeding s or do i need warning write letter,am taking week off next weeky to get away on holiday.i visited police later and made statement as i had headaches and am on painkillers ever since./had holistic remedial massage,visited hospital/doctors etc and have talked to victims support,since i wear glasses and have spare mobile and spare glasses in my front pocket this got broke as i fell on my face;do i include that in the claim?the tenants are happy to deal me personally with me and i learned he write notes asking them to pay next months rent ! after what he did to me,i read on website for violent estate agents on fraudulent estate agents that they can be banned from practising ,trading standards seems to have changed as i need them to investigate as many other landlords are being abused him esp i was warned not to talked to other landlords when i visited his premises when his father shouted for me to get out;i managed to take tel no of one elderly couple.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : What would you like to know about this please?