12826847

I did speed awareness 2 years ago just got flashed doing 54

I did speed awareness 2 years ago just got flashed doing 54 in a 30zone got a letter to say I will be summoned to court
What are my chances? Should I get a solicitor to represent me?

Do you admit that you were speeding please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I was the driver and I did admit to the offence I was caught by a stationary van with a camera inside

Are you asking what sentence you will get?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I need to know if I will be banned from driving as I will stand to loose my job if I do, therefore is it possible with the aid of a solicitor representing me at court I would stand a better chance of not being banned?
I just turned out of a tail back traffic jam due to some road works and I followed cars in front not really paying attention I just drove to follow! Silly I realise

You are at risk of 6 points or a ban of between 7 - 56 days and a fine plus costs.

Its not all that likely that you would be banned though. It is possible but you are the lower end of the sentencing bracket and there is no other particular aggravation that you mention here.

You don't have 6 other points so you are not at risk of a disqualification as a totter.

I imagine you have been driving for more than 2 years so you are not going to be revoked as a new driver.

You cannot use the duty solicitor for a speeding offence I'm afraid.

Representation is always better but you don't get legal aid so it does rack up costs. The cheapest option is a junior barrister under public access which will be far cheaper than a solicitor and the firm you appoint would probably only instruct a barrister anyway.