29905560

In October 2013 I fell on waxed and polished floor in The

Customer Question

In October 2013 I fell on waxed and polished floor in The Royal Opera House badly tearing my hamstring muscles. I am 76 years old.
When we arrived that evening there was a sign saying wet floor but when we returned at the interval the sign was gone and this is when I fell.
I was told by the staff there that the floor had bee heavily waxed that afternoon and there was so much wax they tried to wash it off.
I am a friend of The Opera house and have been attending performances there for forty years so decided not to make a claim against a place which had given me so much pleasure but requested that they pay physiotherapy costs and other small expenses which I incurred due to the accident.
I was referred to there insurance company and waited patiently for a response.
This week I had a letter to say they reckoned that it was the fault of the subcontractor cleaning company not The Opera House and the had passed the claim on-( after 7 months) Are they entitled to do this? I would have thought that I was dealing with The Opera House Insurance and not a Cleaning Company.
Are The Opera House Company allowed to pass it on?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Have you contacted the subcontractor's insurance over this?

Ben Jones :

Hi, not sure if you saw my initial query above - Have you contacted the subcontractor's insurance over this?

Ben Jones :

Hi you have tried to rate the answer but I have not yet had a reply from you?