12826847

hi i have a freind he is i jail pending trial in spain and

hi i have a freind he is i jail pending trial in spain and he need a CRB to show his solicitor in spain he has no criminal nor a conviction in UK can you help i did ask a private detective but he was not helpfull he take the money and nothing has done

Are you asking how to get a CRB check?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes to show that he has no conviction nor a criminal record in UK

Its actually very easy for a Spanish solicitor to get. He doesn't need you to take any action at all. All the Spanish courts need to do is to ask the UK police to hand over PNC and it will be provided. Its not complicated at all. Spain is a member state of the EU so there will be no difficulty. We do it from EU partners all the time.

You cannot get access to another's PNC or CRB unless he consents and even then only if you are making an offer of employment and various other circumstances.

He can make a subject access request to any police station for sight of any information they hold upon him. He would need to be here to do it although I suppose it could be done by post from Spain. There is no need though. His solicitor can arrange it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi thank you for your help great answer indeed thank you again

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/