29905560

My sons employer has recently made him temporary redundant!

My son's employer has recently made him temporary redundant! However, he has now refused to give my son his P60. My son needs this to claim tax credits. Can his employer legally withhold this document?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. There is no direct remedy for an employer's failure to issue a P60. Essentially the P60 is a tax statement that details the employee's taxable income and deductions made for the relevant year. It is information which would be held in the tax office anyway so if he is having issues with getting the form from his employer he can still contact the tax office to get the same information or an equivalent statement to use

Customer:

Thank you Ben. I will get my son to contact HMRC.

Ben Jones :

you are welcome, hope he gets to resolve this

Customer: