UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

are my testimonials mine?

Customer Question

are my testimonials mine?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We have just found out that Google have removed our website from their search engine because of a complaint made (DMCA)

my partner and i set up our new business over one year ago.

We both previously were Franchisees with a large company

My business was Value Doors (Area that was mine),my partners was Value Doors (area that was his). During the time that we were both Franchisees we accumulated

Lot's of customer feedback which was posted on www.valuedoorsuk.co.uk.

when starting our new business we used some of these testimonials which contained our names only on our new website.

We have never used any that contained the words Value Doors in any way (we would not want to) infact one of the testimonials used in their case states(my name) " Please feel free to use this as a testimonial if you wish to. All the best and thanks again. We were always told by Value Doors that "they are your customers and not ours" “you are our customers”

The way it worked was that we would be given a customer lead and then travel to their home to survey the property

If the customer was happy to purchase the door they would sign a contract with Value Doors (my area) and not Value Doors uk .

We were then liable to purchase the door from Value Doors Uk and take payment from our customer all monies were paid into my business account and never to Value Doors Uk

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Yes, you could argue that you are free to use the testimonials that were attributed to you.

May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your answer

What would the best way to deal with the DMCA?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

http://www.chillingeffects.org/notice.cgi?sID=1632418

You may lodge a counter notice on the grounds that the testimonials are yours, see here

http://www.chillingeffects.org/question.cgi?QuestionID=132

Hope this helps, please leave feedback