75100385

Hi, I wonder if you can help. Ny father lost his temper and

Customer Question

Hi, I wonder if you can help.
Ny father lost his temper and had a tantrum at my Mother.
He stormed off in his car.
My Mother and I were worried for his safety and out of concern we called the police.
One lady police officer arrived and started to talk to us and wanted us tpo describe the situation.
My father having cooled down arrived home, the lady police officer radioed two other police men (who were obviously situated near by) and they took my father in for questioning. My mother and I had no idea this would happen.
The lady officer informed us that he may be kept in over night or over the weekend. I woukd like some legal advice on the mater obviuosly we want my dad out of this situation as quickly as possible, please advise.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : What was he arrested for please
JACUSTOMER-k3bzaly2- :

He hasn't been arrested, he has just been taken in for questioning.

domestic abuse and disturbance of the peace

JACUSTOMER-k3bzaly2- :

JACUSTOMER-k3bzaly2- :

But it was just a tantrum

Alex Watts : Breach of the peace ok.
Alex Watts : has he asked for a solicitor?
Alex Watts : When you say domestic abuse, what charge? Assault ?
JACUSTOMER-k3bzaly2- :

Hi No verbal abuse. Neither my mum or I wanted to press any charges but we were told we didn't have a choice in the matter. We had no idea that this would happen to him and it is really unfair as there is no way he deserve this. All this is stress related due to work pressure. When we last checked an hour or so ago he hadn't asked for a solicitor although we were told that if they don't release him he will get a 2nd chance to request one.

Alex Watts : So you didn't give a statement at all to the police?
JACUSTOMER-k3bzaly2- :

Yes we explained what had happened not realizing for a second that it could be regarded as Domestic Abuse We have just heard that Dad has just been arrested.

Alex Watts : Ok.
Alex Watts : But did you give a formal statement?