75100385

SCENARIO If a company produces toxic fumes through the use

Customer Question

SCENARIO
If a company produces toxic fumes through the use of sulphur sulphate for smelting copper.
When visiting the area fumes are released in the air and an asthmatic individual visiting the area at the time inhales the fumes and has an attack and dies within a few minutes. The postmortem states the cause of death was inhalation of toxic fumes.

My questions are:
1) is the company liable for the death of the individual although she/he was chronic asthmatic.

2) the company also own the hospital where the individual had been treated for asthma. Has the company got the right to use the deceased's medical records in their as evidence in a case against them.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
JACUSTOMER-jnm8vp8a- : I have not received an answer to my questions and I need to resolve a case that is tragic and have paid £28. Your response above is not helpful to me as this is urgent. So I will cancel my payment as you are not providing the service I require at the moment.
Alex Watts :

Sorry I did ask - is this for an essay or is it real question please?

Alex Watts :

It does not appear my initial response was showing up

Alex Watts :

I need to ask as we have a lot of students ask for situations that are rare and generally for study essays