75100385

i took a board down from a ceiling in a store room with in

Customer Question

i took a board down from a ceiling in a store room with in a shop un known to me the board was asbestos the incident has been reported to the h s e by the shop owners . they told me the board was asbestos and i should have seen the small asbestos sticker on the boards around me , but i didnt if i new asbestos was present i would have not gone near the ceiling
i need to know where i stand with this
kind regards ***** ***** 54 self employed plumbing / heating engineer

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

What is it you would like to know about this please?

JACUSTOMER-lr4587oe- :

i''m at fault or should the shop manager have told me that the ceiling was asbestos as i told her be for hand what work i was carrying out i have since told there was an asbestos register in the shop. the shop manager even helped me remove goods from

JACUSTOMER-lr4587oe- :

the shelves so that i could take the boards down .should they have some critireia in place to in form workers as its me that has been exposed

JACUSTOMER-lr4587oe- :

after the board came down it broke and i told the manager that i would return with a new piece size {24inch square }

JACUSTOMER-lr4587oe- :

when i left it was reported by some some body {not sure who} and they got in touch with an asbestos removal company and they came out and removed any little amounts left which was all done and dusted within two hours i have now been told i will have foot the bill .

JACUSTOMER-lr4587oe- :

also what will be the likely outcome with the h s e , right now i do not no which way to turn i have been told that shop should have informed me that asbestos was present

JACUSTOMER-lr4587oe- :

i look forward to your reply

JACUSTOMER-lr4587oe- :

keith

Alex Watts :

When you say the manger - do you mean you were employed by the Company to take it down?