12826847

My boyfriend has been charged with assault times 2 on me and

Customer Question

My boyfriend has been charged with assault times 2 on me and my sister I have not made a statement they didn't witness anything but my sister has made a statement the cps have charged any way of the her evidence but I still want to be with my boyfriend and one of his bail conditions is not to come near or contact me or my sister we'll I don't want this because I want to be with him and speak to him can it be changed also I went round to see him yesterday and the police showed up to check he was at the address and I was ther he got arrested retailed today but when they come again to check he's at property does he have to let them in house because he's on bail

Who called the police?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My sister
Has she done this before?

Or have you made other allegations against him or, in fact, any other partner?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ther have been other allegation but nothing has come of them due to me being angry and drunk phoning out of anger not for what he's done he has an ex who has a non molestation order on him but me and my sister do not want to take it any further but cps are doing on there own how can we stop it
Yes, I understand but the trouble is that the police have really had enough of that and are cracking down now.

How many times have you done this roughly please?

Also, how recently?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Twice in 9 mths he has had no further action both times
Have you done it in other relationships?

I presume that you alleged common assaults on each occasion?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No sorry I have not made any phone calls at all the neighbours had phoned due to shouting and my boyfriend got arrested then released because I had in jury's threw climbing threw a broken window they assumed he had done it and the other time coz I had a cut on my head they assumed he did it we'll I said the second time he had but took statement back once I got re interviewed because I was drunk when made allegation which he did not do
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have never said he has assaulted me police have Tryd to take threw
Ok. This will be pressing their alarm bells I'm afraid.

They will either have formed the view that you are in genuine danger or that you are a time waster. Obviously some people do use the police as a mediation service at huge cost to the taxpayer.

I think overall though its quite unlikely they will think you are a time waster. You have never called them. The reports have come from others.

I'm not sure that is particularly good news though. That will be the reason for the bail conditions.

In fairness though, I'm not sure what the point of the bail conditions are. They will be saying that it is to protect you which is understandable but you are not a witness so I'm not sure I see a power for them to do this.

In any event, you cannot do anything at all. he can make an application to vary his bail at court and since you are not a witness Im not sure there is any basis to refuse you.

Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How can me and my sister get charges dropped because assault never happened
I think I answered this on your other post.