12826847

I had an sp30 driving ticket sent through. I have paid the

I had an sp30 driving ticket sent through. I have paid the fixed penalty on line and I sent off my drivers licence to have the points put on. I have checked my bank statement and the fine came out. I've just had my original licence come back saying I am going to be taken to court?!?! Any reason why??? I have 3points on my licence from 2012 already and 3 points from 2009 which I believe will be exempt now

What was the speed and what was the limit?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It was 42 in a 30

I think probably that the reason they have revoked the offer is that the speed its too high for it to be appropriate.

In fairness, its only just over so I'm surprised they bothered to revoke but there you have it.

The guidelines for anybody doing over 40 mph in a 30 mph zone are 4-6 points or a ban of between 7 -28 days and a fine. That can only be levied at court so that is why they have summonsed you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Why do they offer a fixed penalty in the first place?
Probably because they didn't check your speed.

It happens quite often.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** likely to happen next? They have taken the £100 from my account alreday
They should refund that. If they don't then it will be deducted at court.

You just wait for a summons. Half the time they forget to do it and then they are time barred.

if they do remember then you can always plead by post. You will only 4 points and a fine.