75100385

I had dispute with npower for bill payment .I had been paid

I had dispute with npower for bill payment .I had been paid my bills since 2004 to 2010 for my commercial property according to their invoices without any arrears and left the business to management operator legally to operate . on 2011 sep npower has send the bill for £23,000 and their explanation was they had been taking the wrong reading from 2004-2010 wrong reading . I dispute the amount and told them i was occupied untill sep 2010 and from 2010 the management operator is legaly responsble for payment .they asked me the copy of management contract and I send copy and they agreed and they send new charge £17,000 for me and 13,000 for management operator. then I dispute for £17,000 and brought down to less amount by negotiation and paid without prejudiceand. the matter was finished. through solicitor on 2012 december. but now i had letter from them that they added as a part20 2nd defendant for claim £13,000 this is very shocked and annoying me.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply. !
Alex Watts : Was it paid in full and final settlement please?
Customer:

they asked me pay £17,000 and they went after management operator to pay £13,000 who was occupied the premises sep 2010 to sep 2011.

Customer:

yes i paid in full and was final settlement

Alex Watts : Then they can't ask for any more.
Alex Watts : It was a final payment.
Alex Watts : You can refuse to pay
Alex Watts : If they take it to court you can have the proceedings struck out for an abuse if process
Alex Watts : They accepted full and final settlement, that is the end if the mayter
Alex Watts : matter
Alex Watts : It can not be reopened or revisited.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you About this?
Customer:

they having a dispute with managing operator for £13,000 , managing operator is refuse to pay this amount she not accepting the deemed contract her solicitor argument is i had the contract with npower not her Clint (management operator) the management operator was trying change the name but Npower refuse to change the supply into her name and she was forced pay all bill which was in my name sep 2010 to sep 2011. also she made fault allegation against me that had been paying money to me all the dispatch invoices by Npower but I failed to pay Npower which is not true and the management operator contract says she is responsible and she has to settle down.

Customer:

Her 2nd argument Npower entered into contract with me for 3 years from 2009 to 2012 therefore even the management operator occupied the premises she not in deemed contract and she is not liable for payment of £13.000 . now Npower

Customer:

Now Npower added me as 2nd defendant P20 . In case if Npower lost the case with the managing operator they looking to strike against me to get this £13.000 .

Alex Watts :

As I have said, if they accepted full and final payment, it can't be revisted.

Alex Watts :

You can use this in proceedings even as a Part 20 D

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify?

Customer:

Hi Alex thank you for your answer what is mean part 20 D Is that i have to make defense?

Alex Watts : Part 20 defendant sorry. You will have to file a defence yes
Alex Watts : Does tha claiify?