tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

i received a postal requisition regarding a speeding offence

i received a postal requisition regarding a speeding offence and
the court hearing has been set for july the 23rd.
it is my intention to plead guilty at court but in july i shall be on holiday and
i want to postpone the hearing for October.
can you please advise how can i go about it?
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I can assist with this.

tdlawyer :

Does the paperwork that you have received indicate that you can plead guilty by post and put in a plea of mitigation?

Customer:

yes

tdlawyer :

Okay, they usually do. What that's good because you can plead guilty by post and you will not need to attend the court hearing. There is no need to have it rescheduled if you are happy for it to be dealt with in this way.

tdlawyer :

You could always ask for it to be rescheduled, but if you intend to plead guilty, they might be advantageous just to get it over and done with by post.

tdlawyer :

If this answers your question, then please do remember to rate the answer for me. If you would like to ask anything further, please feel free to do so.

Customer:

the reason i want to ask for postponement is that i shall need my driving licence while on holiday.

tdlawyer :

Okay, then yes, you could do this too. You can ask for the adjounrment and sent in copies of your pre-booked holiday papers.

tdlawyer :

I doubt there will be an issue with this.

Customer:

the reason i want to ask for postponement is that i shall need my driving licence while on holiday.if i plead guilty by post now i must send my driving licence with the rest of the forms and because the dates are tight i am scared that i will not have my licence back in time.what can i do to avoid this from happening?is there a phone number i can call and explain the situation?

Customer:

?????

Customer:

??? are you still there

tdlawyer :

I'm here.

tdlawyer :

The notice that you have - is it from the police? Does it not contain a number to call?

Customer:

it is from the wiltshire police and the case will b heard by the salisbury magistrates court.there is no phone number.

tdlawyer :

Sometimes, when this happens with a police car stopping you, they can take the license and give you a receipt, which you can use for most things as though it's a license. You should give your local station a call tomorrow and see what they can do on this front.

Customer:

can i just send a letter to salisbury law courts and ask for adjurnemnt without sending the forms and driving licence ?

tdlawyer :

Yes, you can.

Customer:

ok thanks

tdlawyer :

Is there anything else I can assist with this evening?

tdlawyer :

Can I just also check you're happy with the service today please?

Customer:

just this.with the letter do i have to send them copy of my tickets?the tickets are for the 22nd of august and the hearing is for the 23rd of july.

tdlawyer :

Yes, send them these too, and just explain in your letter what it is you're doing.

Customer:

ok thanks and have i nice week ahead

tdlawyer :

Thank you - you too.

tdlawyer :

Are you happy with the service?